The Nelly Berman School Classical Music Institute (NBSCMI) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit created in 1994 by Nelly Berman to support gifted and hardworking students through a merit-based scholarship program and provide support for student chamber groups and music ensembles. Additionally, the Institute presents high-level classical concerts, masterclasses, and workshops to the greater Philadelphia community.
Scholarship recipients have won top prizes in local, national, and international competitions, performed as soloists with numerous orchestras including the Philadelphia Orchestra, and appeared in music festivals in the USA, Italy, France, Russia, including the Tanglewood Music Festival and the Van Cliburn Institute. They have performed at Carnegie Hall and the Kimmel Center, as well as on NPR’s “From the TOP”. Our scholarship students have gone on to attend top universities and music conservatories, including Harvard University, Princeton University, Yale University, Brown University, the University of Pennsylvania, Cornell University, Northwestern University, Manhattan School of Music, Berklee College of Music, and more.
While our scholarship students are extraordinarily gifted and hard-working, they would not be able to afford such a serious level of study without financial support from the NBSCMI. In the spirit of American philanthropy, which has kept musical institutions vibrant, we are calling on the greater community to keep Nelly’s vision and legacy alive for future generations of music students.
Scholarship student Ethan Lee performing with the Philadelphia Orchestra at age 12.
The NBS Classical Music Institute’s Mission:
- Provide scholarship to qualified students in the study of classical music at the Nelly Berman School of Music. The scholarships will be awarded on basis on talent and/or need, as determined by a committee of the Institute accountable to its Board of Directors;
- Provide scholarships to support chamber music groups at the Nelly Berman School of Music. These scholarships will be awarded on the basis of talent and/or need, as determined by a committee of the Institute accountable to its Board of Directors;
- Present concerts, competitions, masterclasses, and workshops to the public in the greater Philadelphia area;
- Present concerts at local institutions, including retirement and nursing homes
Your contribution supports the NBSCMI, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to the support and advancement of classical music education in the Russian tradition. Tax-ID #: 23-2788513.
B.A. University of Pennsylvania M.A. Temple University, Boyer College of Music, Piano Pedagogy & Performance Elena started studying piano at the age of five with her mother, Nelly Berman. At age seven, she was admitted to the Stolyarsky Professional Music School in Odessa, Ukraine, where she was a student of Professor Serafima Mogilevsky. Upon arrival to New Orleans, LA, she…
Helen is a visionary business leader, passionate about education, social impact, children’s welfare, diversity inclusion and community building.
Ella is an experienced professional with an extensive background in finance and strategy consulting. Specifically, she brings to the Treasurer role of NBS Classical Music Institute her expertise from a career spanning investment banking, business development, and equity research.
Janene Montlouis is a Project Management Professional (PMP) in the Greater Philadelphia area. The guiding star of her career has been inspired by the Walt Disney quote “If you can dream it, you can build it.”
Your each and every gift makes an incredible difference in the life of a child and helps us inspire and train a new generation of highly achieved classical musicians.
There are many ways to support the NBS Classical Music Institute, a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Your donation is tax deductible! (Federal ID: 23-2788513)
Make NBSCMI your Charity of choice for yearly giving!
- Amazon Smile
- Corporate Matching
- Yearly Giving
For more information contact email@example.com
Make a check payable to NBSCMI
Nelly Berman School of Music
461 W. Lancaster Ave.
Haverford, PA 19041
Donate electronically via Zelle:
- Create a new Zelle Recipient in your Bank website or app
- In the First Name box enter: NBS Classical Music Institute
- Leave the Last Name box empty
- Assign a Nickname to your Zelle Recipient
- Assign a Prefered Name, like your own.
- Select Email from the dropdown and enter the Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use this Recipient to send your contribution to the NBS Classical Music Institute from your bank account
Support our scholarship program while you shop!
The AmazonSmile Foundation has helped donors like you contribute over $215 million in charitable donations to nonprofit organizations worldwide.
Join us today to support classical music education! Begin your shopping at smile.amazon.com or by turning AmazonSmile ON in your mobile app, and choose the NBS Classical Music, Institute as your charity!
How it works:
When you make qualifying purchases at smile.amazon.com, Amazon will actually donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases to the NBSCMI. It’s that easy! All the products, prices, and services are the same – but you get to make a charitable impact!
Support while you shop in just a few clicks!
- Visit smile.amazon.com and choose NBS Classical Music Institute, Inc. as your designated charity.
- Bookmark smile.amazon.com and remember to always begin your shopping at AmazonSmile
- Continue your shopping, and you’ll be supporting classical music education – it’s that easy!
If you’re using the mobile app:
- Open the Amazon app on your smart device and open the menu (≡).
- Choose AmazonSmile under programs and features, and click Turn on AmazonSmile.
- Follow the prompts, and be sure the choose NBS Classical Music, Inc. as your designated charity.
Many businesses diligently support nonprofit organizations that are important to their staff members. Corporate Matching Gift Programs give individual staff members the opportunity to increase financial support to their favorite charities. Some corporations match dollar-for-dollar, effectively doubling the individual’s gift, while others match at varying rates. The NBS Classical Music Institute receives donations from companies for both current and retired employees.
Some of the NBS Classical Music Institute’s Corporate Matching Donors
- Comcast NBCUniversal Foundation
- McKinsey & Company
- Merck Company Foundation
Don’t see your employer listed? Contact your HR department to find out whether your company will match gifts to All Classical.