The Nelly Berman School Classical Music Institute (NBSCMI) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit created in 1994 by Nelly Berman to support gifted and hardworking students through a merit-based scholarship program and provide support for student chamber groups and music ensembles. Additionally, the Institute presents high-level classical concerts, masterclasses, and workshops to the greater Philadelphia community.
Scholarship recipients have won top prizes in local, national, and international competitions, performed as soloists with numerous orchestras including the Philadelphia Orchestra, and appeared in music festivals in the USA, Italy, France, Russia, including the Tanglewood Music Festival and the Van Cliburn Institute. They have performed at Carnegie Hall and the Kimmel Center, as well as on NPR’s “From the TOP”. Our scholarship students have gone on to attend top universities and music conservatories, including Harvard University, Princeton University, Yale University, Brown University, the University of Pennsylvania, Cornell University, Northwestern University, Manhattan School of Music, Berklee College of Music, and more.
While our scholarship students are extraordinarily gifted and hard-working, they would not be able to afford such a serious level of study without financial support from the NBSCMI. In the spirit of American philanthropy, which has kept musical institutions vibrant, we are calling on the greater community to keep Nelly’s vision and legacy alive for future generations of music students.
Scholarship student Ethan Lee performing with the Philadelphia Orchestra at age 12.
The NBS Classical Music Institute’s Mission:
- Provide scholarship to qualified students in the study of classical music at the Nelly Berman School of Music. The scholarships will be awarded on basis on talent and/or need, as determined by a committee of the Institute accountable to its Board of Directors;
- Provide scholarships to support chamber music groups at the Nelly Berman School of Music. These scholarships will be awarded on the basis of talent and/or need, as determined by a committee of the Institute accountable to its Board of Directors;
- Present concerts, competitions, masterclasses, and workshops to the public in the greater Philadelphia area;
- Present concerts at local institutions, including retirement and nursing homes
Your contribution supports the NBSCMI, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to the support and advancement of classical music education in the Russian tradition. Tax-ID #: 23-2788513.
Your each and every gift makes an incredible difference in the life of a child and helps us inspire and train a new generation of highly achieved classical musicians.
There are many ways to support the NBS Classical Music Institute, a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Your donation is tax deductible! (Federal ID: 23-2788513)
Make NBSCMI your Charity of choice for yearly giving!
- Corporate Matching
- Yearly Giving
For more information contact email@example.com
Make a check payable to NBSCMI
Nelly Berman School of Music
461 W. Lancaster Ave.
Haverford, PA 19041
Donate electronically via Zelle:
- Create a new Zelle Recipient in your Bank website or app
- In the First Name box enter: NBS Classical Music Institute
- Leave the Last Name box empty
- Assign a Nickname to your Zelle Recipient
- Assign a Prefered Name, like your own.
- Select Email from the dropdown and enter the Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use this Recipient to send your contribution to the NBS Classical Music Institute from your bank account
Many businesses diligently support nonprofit organizations that are important to their staff members. Corporate Matching Gift Programs give individual staff members the opportunity to increase financial support to their favorite charities. Some corporations match dollar-for-dollar, effectively doubling the individual’s gift, while others match at varying rates. The NBS Classical Music Institute receives donations from companies for both current and retired employees.
Some of the NBS Classical Music Institute’s Corporate Matching Donors
- Comcast NBCUniversal Foundation
- McKinsey & Company
- Merck Company Foundation
Don’t see your employer listed? Contact your HR department to find out whether your company will match gifts to All Classical.