Our ‘Rising Stars’ student concert series takes place annually in June and December.
Prior to the concerts, students are emailed sign-ups for five to six dates with afternoon and evening options spanning two weekends. Participation in these concerts is free and open to all students of the Nelly Berman School of Music.
All students are encouraged to sign up for the opportunity to listen to their peers and perform on the big stage at St. Luke United Methodist Church in Bryn Mawr, PA!
This June, we’ll be holding most of our Rising Stars concerts virtually, with one live performance option in the Recital Room at NBS:
- Wednesday, June 16 BY 11:59PM for the Friday, June 18 concert date
- Friday, June 18 BY 11:59PM for the Sunday, June 20 concert dates
- Monday, June 22 BY 11:59PM for the Wednesday, June 23 concert dates
CONCERT PREMIERE TIMES
- 7PM on Friday, June 18: VIDEO LINK
- 3PM on Sunday, June 20: VIDEO LINK
- 5PM and 7PM on Wednesday, June 23
When the concert streams go live, you will receive an email with the link to the Youtube premiere of the concert! The links to all concerts will also be posted on Facebook and on our website afterwards so that you can share them with your friends and family.
We will also be holding a live “Rising Stars” performance class on Saturday, June 26th at 3PM in the Recital Room, led by Elena Berman. If your piece will not be quite ready by the submission deadlines but you would still like the chance to perform, please sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0549A5AC2BA5FB6-live
Concerts will be premiered on Youtube. Here’s how you can find the concert link:
- All concert participants will receive an email 4-8 hours before the concert start time with the link to the concert & the concert program.
- Links will be posted on this page a few hours before the concert’s scheduled start time.
- The concert link and concert program will also be shared on our Facebook page a few hours before the concert’s scheduled start time.
To watch our December 2020 Rising Stars concerts:
- Friday, December 18 @ 7PM: VIDEO LINK
- Saturday, December 19 @ 2PM: VIDEO LINK
- Saturday, December 19 @ 4PM: VIDEO LINK
- Sunday, December 20 @ 2PM: VIDEO LINK
- Sunday, December 20 @ 4PM: VIDEO LINK
- Wednesday, December 23 @ 7PM: VIDEO LINK
To watch our June 2020 Rising Stars concerts:
- Friday, June 19 @ 7PM: VIDEO LINK
- Saturday, June 20 @ 2PM: VIDEO LINK
- Sunday, June 21 @ 2PM: VIDEO LINK & 4PM: VIDEO LINK
- Thursday, June 25 @ 6PM: VIDEO LINK & 8PM: VIDEO LINK