The Nelly Berman School of Music is proud to present a diverse and personalized summer experience for our students, including virtual and in-person lessons. Explore all the different courses NBS has to offer!
Sign up for lessons and programs HERE!
Virtual Summer Camp: Each week of camp includes 1 hour of group music history every day with Dr. Ariane Alexander covering French and Russian composers; 1 hour of ballet class geared towards alignment & core strength for musicians (taught by the staff of Pennsylvania Academy of Ballet in Narberth); and 1 hour of creating music on a computer using Noteflight or Chrome Music Lab with NBS alumnus and former administrative assistant Stephen Gliatto.
Campers would be expected to practice 2 hours a day, with the goal of learning and perfecting a piece in 1 week. This piece would then be recorded at home and presented in a virtual streamed concert on the last day of camp. Price is $375 per week. Private lessons are encouraged but not included in camp tuition.
Week 1: July 20-24 – French Composers And The Russian Mighty Five
Week 2: August 3-7: Twentieth Century Composers
“Take 5” – Five lessons to explore a new style or approach to music, such as:
· Try a new instrument of your choice
· “Broadway Tunes” – voice lessons focused on music theater,
taught by Nathaniel McEwen and Marina Voznaya
· “Intro to Jazz” – jazz scales & chords on the piano, with Ethan Lee
· “Sight-reading & transposition” – rhythm and music technique exercises to improve music learning for beginner pianists, with Dr. Anna Kislitsyna
· Scales, arpeggios, and technique – legato, staccato, and
other technical skills with Elena Berman
· Technique intensives for violin, cello & clarinet,
Intensive supervised study with multiple in-person lessons a week
10-Week Music History and Theory Courses with Dr. Ariane Alexander